Post Date: 02/25/2019
The Senior Technical Sales Engineering plays an integral part in the sales cycle and is responsible for assisting the Sales Organization with presenting both platform and service offerings in order to establish confidence in aX’s technology infrastructure and to remove all technical objections in the sales cycle.
This individual is expected to be the subject matter expert and actively manage the technology evaluation stage of the sales process. The Senior Technical Sales Engineer will create digital transformation roadmaps, as well as associated business cases that persuade prospective clients to engage with aX. This role is the key technical advisor to sales and will attend pitches, define solutions for RFP’s, structure pilots for large enterprise opportunities and ensure successful transition to onboard new customers.
This role will also act as the primary point person for the execution of complex digital solutions (2+ core products/platforms and/or higher budget spend). This role is responsible for the coordination and project management of all solutions which includes overseeing the fulfillment of campaign orders, actively managing multiple platforms simultaneously, developing complex reporting solutions, working in tandem with aX’s Business Analyst to provide strategic insight/analysis of campaign performance and developing roadmaps for new product integrations that address clients’ business needs. This individual will work with internal teams, as well as external vendors and their support/engineering teams, to ensure successful execution of each project. This individual will ultimately present results directly to external stakeholders in tandem with the account’s lead sales representative. Responsibilities will span aX’s full portfolio offerings which includes multiple DSPs, Ad Servers, Bid Management Platforms, and other advertising technology solutions.
Our Sales Engineering team exceeds their goals and fosters revenue growth in tandem with aX’s Sales team through proactive client management, including: leading collaborative workshops, presenting research on new emerging technologies/offerings, identifying industry trends that inform strategy, and running point on each client engagement/owning the outcomes.
- Deliver content and training to customers on site
- Respond to customer product inquiries
- Build relationships with an outgoing personality and passion for problem-solving
- Work to address highly complex technical issues with a customer-focused perspective
- Provide extensive tactical and strategic pre-sales support for the aX sales team and assigned clients
- Identify and develop business opportunities with potential customers/channels/partners
- Pre-sales activities will also include close interaction with internal groups such as Innovation, Platform Solutions, and Sales for the purpose of articulating collected RFI/RFPs and the associated business cases
- Ongoing collection and dissemination of technical competitive information
- Understand success indicators and ensure client SOW, campaign strategy and
- execution are set up for success
- Collaborate and coordinate with internal and external partners to execute all aspects of digital advertising programs
- Remain a singular point of contact for all information and processes regarding SOW execution
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
- 4+ years of related technical sales engineering experience, product management, or consulting experience
- Ability to travel up to 40% of the time to meet with internal stakeholders and external partners
- Experience working as an engineer and/or product, technical/product specialists.
- Familiarity with AdTech industry, and business models.
- Deep hands-on experience with DSP and Ad Server technologies, bid management platform experience preferred as well.
- Ability to define and structure internal support models to achieve plan.
- Ability to lead and manage multiple projects with a broad range of internal and external constituents simultaneously and the ability to think strategically about complex challenges and develop thoughtful recommendations and action plans.
- Experience working with Sizmek DSP, Sizmek Ad Server, Google Analytics, Adobe Advertising Cloud,
- Working knowledge of Linux, Web 2.0 development platforms, solutions, and related technologies (HTTP, Basic/NTLM, sessions, XML/XSLT/XHTML/HTML), understanding of DNS, TCP, Firewalls, Proxy Servers, DMZ, Load Balancing, VPN, VPC).